• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

gotoandStop within a movie clip

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a movie clip name shoes_mc, within this movie clip, there are 10 layers with increasing number of pair of shoes (1 pair in the 1st layer, 2 pairs in the 2nd, and so on). I also have a button name plus_btn, I apply the code below, so every time I click the button, it would gotoandstop to next layer within shoes_mc. I used trace("works") to se if the code works or not.

Then I tested the movie and the trace showed "works" but the layer didn't go to the next layer. It stayed in the 1st layer.

In addition, actually I'm looking for a way to make a plus minus button, every time I click plus, 1 pair of shoes appear, and every time I click minus, 1 pair of shoes disappear. But I don't get logic about this, and I thought the gotoanstop within movie clip will works. Please help me.

plus_btn.onRelease=function()

{

shoes_mc.nextFrame();

trace("works");

}

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

You used the word 'layer' a few times when I hope you meant 'frame'. shoes_mc should have 10 frames, with 1 pair of shoes in frame 1, 2 pairs in frame 2, and so on.

If that is how you have it, then your script will work, other than the fact the movieclip will play in a loop until the first time you click the button.

Here's a script that stops the shoes_mc at the beginning, and also has the code for a minus_btn that you will need to make:

shoes_mc.stop();

plus_btn.onRelease = function()

{

shoes_mc.ne

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You used the word 'layer' a few times when I hope you meant 'frame'. shoes_mc should have 10 frames, with 1 pair of shoes in frame 1, 2 pairs in frame 2, and so on.

If that is how you have it, then your script will work, other than the fact the movieclip will play in a loop until the first time you click the button.

Here's a script that stops the shoes_mc at the beginning, and also has the code for a minus_btn that you will need to make:

shoes_mc.stop();

plus_btn.onRelease = function()

{

shoes_mc.nextFrame();

trace("works");

};

minus_btn.onRelease = function()

{

shoes_mc.prevFrame();

trace("works");

};

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh yeah, I meant frame not layer. Thanks for your correction and so much thanks for your help. The code works really well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello I'm back, is it okay to ask here or I should post a new thread?

I have a button, check_btn, I want to check if the number of shoes has reached a certain number. So I think to use this:

shoes_mc.stop();

plus_btn.onPress = function()

{

shoes_mc.nextFrame();

trace("works1");

}

{

shoes_mc.prevFrame();

trace("works2");

}

check_btn.onPress = function()

{

if (shoes_mc.currentFrame == 11)

{

trace("OK FULL");

}

else

trace("NOT YET");

}

The problem is, eventhough I have reached the 11th rame, the trace of check_btn still show NOT YET. I'm thinking about using a var, so I changed the code like this:

shoes_mc.stop();

var fullshoes:Boolean = false;

plus_btn.onPress = function()

{

shoes_mc.nextFrame();

trace("works1");

if(currentFrame == 11)

{

fullshoes = true:

}

}

{

shoes_mc.prevFrame();

trace("works2");

}

check_btn.onPress = function()

{

if (fullshoes == true)

{

trace("OK FULL");

}

else

trace("NOT YET");

But, it's still not working. Which part am I doing wrong? and why? Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines