• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make hyperlinks embedded in pdf displaying in a browser open in a new broswer tab?

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create Word 2013 documents that contain embedded web links. In Word I set the links to open in new window. Next I save these documents as PDFs. I upload these PDFs to a web server from where users open them inside browser tabs. When any of the web links embedded in the PDFs are clicked, the linked web page opens in the same browser tab in which the PDF displays. What do I need to do to make the embedded web links in my PDFs open in new browser tabs when clicked by users?

I am using Windows 7, Word 2013, Acrobat 11 Pro, Firefox and Chrome browsers.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It can't be done using a normal web-link. You would need to use a link that executes a JavaScript code, like this:

app.launchURL("http://www.adobe.com", true);

The "true" part is what tells the browser to open the link in a new window/tab.

If you want to convert all of the links in your file to this kind of link, with the option set to open in a new window, you can use this tool I've developed for that purpose: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Convert all links in a PDF to Open In New Window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines