• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects CC 2017 14.1 causing Windows 10 not to respond?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Is there a known issue with AE CC 2017 14.1.0.57 running on Windows 10? I just started using AE on a new laptop. I can use AE for awhile and it works, but then suddenly my whole PC locks up and I cannot type anything in any app, AE freezes, browsers freeze, etc.

I get errors messages often saying "Microsoft Windows: The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait. Do you want to end the process? END PROCESS/CANCEL". But nothing happens if I click END PROCESS or CANCEL. Or sometimes no error message appears but have the same issues.

Then I cannot do anything, sometimes I can access task manager, but it will not end the task and I have to manually reboot several times to get anything working again. This happens every time I use AE, and does not appear to be triggered by other app usage.

I am on:

Windows 10 Version 1607 for x-64 based Systems

Lenovo Ideapad Y700-17 Laptop - 80Q00011US Laptop Computer/ i7-6700HQ Processor/512 GB SSD/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB/17.3" FHD IPS Display (1920x1080)/ 16GB Memory/Win 10

AE CC 2017 14.1.0.57

I was on a chat with Microsoft and I believe what they did was to uninstall a Windows update from 2/10/17 but that did not help. Appears NVIDIA display failed to update on 2/10/17.

PS: now I am getting error "NVIDIA Display settings are not available. You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU"

Thanks,

Tracy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am running AE on Windows 10 and an NVIDIA GPU without issue. I would recommend you try to download and install the latest driver for your GPU from NVIDIA directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines