• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Head disconnects from Body at neck

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this is something that is handled in Illustrator or in Character Animator. When I raise my puppet's right hand, her body disconnects from her head which stays in place smiling at me. It's a bit disconcerting. How does one make sure the two parts stay connected?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Try this: https://adobe.ly/2meJoos

2 main issues:

• The layers weren't all named and organized exactly right, so that caused a lot of them not to work.
  • The arms and hands were separate instead of being in a group together, which is why they got disconnected.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible to tell for sure, but you may want to get rid of "plusses".

+PUPPETNAME

HEAD (no "+")

BODY    ( " )

That might help. If not, please add screenshots and or more input on your puppet structure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, usually this is because the Head has a + when it doesn't need one. See

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still struggling. I appreciate the video but while I've followed every single step in the multitude of instructionals, the puppets still do not respond at all to the various tools. Here is an example of something that has a "draggable" handle: Body fall apart, head comes apart, no explanation above or in any of the videos will explain this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah this looks like a bunch of issues, probably from independence and tagging.

Could you share here or DM me your .puppet file (File > Export > Puppet) via a shared link on Google Drive, Dropbox, or Creative Cloud to take a closer look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks--I think this will take you to my puppet, such as she is. Thanks for any help you can give me, and I do think the problems are many.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByrBe6GKFTn0eTJodXJyTmNnaFU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this: https://adobe.ly/2meJoos

2 main issues:

• The layers weren't all named and organized exactly right, so that caused a lot of them not to work.
  • The arms and hands were separate instead of being in a group together, which is why they got disconnected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the correct answer, above, which I'd like to mark Correct, but I can't see any place to do so. Thank you for taking the time to help me with my puppet. I'm now able to compare what I did with how you rearranged things and it's very helpful. Thanks very much. Your suggestions were the Correct Answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to unmark "correct" my answer with the "+", but that doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did it for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, cool, thanks, I thought that only the creator of a thread could do that…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines