• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webcam and hardware specs

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been able to find any hardware specs required for Character Animator. Are there any details posted yet? If not, is there a minimum required resolution, camera's or camera features to look for or avoid?

I'm also not finding any hardware specs. I realize this is a beta so maybe not available but would appreciate some recommendations. I'm finding my 3 year old system is a bit slow, especially for preview and rendering, and trying to determine if small upgrades or hardware replacement are needed.

Currently using

Windows 8.1

i7 3.6 Pentium

8GB Ram

720 Nvida 1GB DDR3 Ram Video

I've already have 8GB RAM on order, and considering a swapping in a 740 GT SC with 4GB DDR3 if I can find one used ( most video I think I can manage in this without adding cooling and more power supply. Hoping too that the cuda cores and extra DDR3 will give this machine  enough performance to run this and AE better.

Thanks in advance?

Message was edited by: Johnathan Ross Added other hardware specs/ related question without answer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, our recommended specs are the same as After Effects:

After Effects System Requirements for Mac OS and Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I did see the AE specs, presuming then that those will be updated as this is an intergrated feature vs its own application. That makes sense. I meet most of those save the Adobe Certified card, but it does meet the other video card specs.

Can you clarify webcam specs? There seems to be a variety of FPS and features that could affect performance.

Although I've selected, still curious to know if there are minimum specs. Would seem like pixels, compression format both could affect performance. Maybe not?

I chose this from Wire-Cutter recommendations with these specs.

Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920

• Full HD 1080p video calling (up to 1920 x 1080 pixels) with the latest version of Skype for Windows 
  • 720p HD video calling (up to 1280 x 720 pixels) with supported clients. Full HD video recording (up to 1920 x 1080 pixels) 
  • H.264 video compression, Built-in dual stereo mics with automatic noise reduction. Automatic low-light correction, Tripod-ready universal clip fits laptops, LCD or monitors 
  • H.264 video compression, Built-in dual stereo mics with automatic noise reduction. controls: Video and photo capture, Face tracking, Motion detection 
  • Compatible with: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or later. Works in USB Video Device Class (UVC) mode: Mac OS 10.6 or later (HD 720p on FaceTime for Mac or other supported video-calling clients; Full HD 1080p video recording with QuickTime Player) Chrome OS,Android v 5.0 or above (with supported video-calling clients),USB port,Internet connection 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines