• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tracking a photo over an object in video

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(originally posted in the PP section, I expected I'd end up here)

I've done as much searching as I can for this but I think the keywords are just too much so I apologize if this has been asked. I have a photo that I'm basically trying to track over an empty picture frame in video. I made a mask of the frame so the photo will sit between two tracks, the background (main video) and just the frame laying over the photo so the edges aren't as noticeable. I was able to track the mask shape so that's all good. But I can't seem to figure out how to animate the photo to move with it. I know this will probably involve AE and that's fine, I just haven't been able to figure it out. Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most efficient technique depends entirely on the shot. The most likely workflow is either corner pin tracking or corner pin tracking in Mocha AE. This is an example of what I call Advanced corner pin tracking in Mocha AE that replaces a blank TV screen with some video. Maybe it will get you started:

You might also want to try typing Corner Pin tracking in the Search Help field at the top right corner of After Effects and checking out the help files.

If we saw you shot we could give you a much better idea of the most efficient way to do the shot.

Remember AE is for creating effects shots and graphics that you cannot create in a Non Linear Editor (Premiere Pro) it is not an editing app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to track the mask shape so that's all good.

tracking a mask will only create a moving mask, not a position keyframe you can attach to another layer. if you wan't to match move the traditional way, use traditional tracking. Rick's approach is one way to do it, and as he said - if we could see the shot, then we could give you many ideas. sometime we will even show you a full walkthrough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did Rick and Roei's posts help you? If so, please mark one as correct (the button with the green star) and the other as helpful.

If not, please give us some more information so we can help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines