• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrubby zoom in PS2017 get greyed out in one image while in the other one it is still working as always did

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I have opened 2 pictures in different tabs and I start working, then suddenly scrubby zoom get greyed out and I can't use it on that image, while on the other one which is opened at the same time it works great. Meanwhile  "Animated zoom" option is checked in both images, in one of them zoom slides smoothly while the other one is not, I can't understand what is the problem and how to fix it without restarting.

I'm using PS 2017 in  win 10 with quadro k2200 videocard.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CC 2017 and a K2200 with three displays attached. I do not edit in tabs and do not know what you mean by by scrubby zoom being grayed out.  I zoom via mouse wheel. If you tell me or better still show me a screen capture you highlight the grayed out scrubby zoom make sure you have the layers palette visible so I can see what you are currently targeting.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on 2 monitors, 2 tabs/windows are open, I'm using shortcut ctrl+space+left click+drag to zoom in/out, and everything was working okay, then the left window/image start zooming differently, when I was applying shortcut it start to select area and zoom only to selected area when I left mouse button, meanwhile the right window gradually zoom while I was dragging mouse (as it always do). I have notice that the only difference between 2 windows/images is that in one of them when I'm selecting "zoom tool" the option "Scrubby Zoom" is grayed out, it's not available to activate (check or uncheck it). In the screenshots below is the normal version when I can activate or deactivate it. After restarting photoshop it fixed but it isn't the first time that I'm getting this problem and I would like to fix it without restarting anything. By the way I was having this problem with older photoshop and with integrated graphics (without k2200). Screenshot (80).pngScreenshot (80).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GTix  wrote

I'm working on 2 monitors, 2 tabs/windows are open,

That is not what your screen capture shows?  I see your Photoshop Window open and Two Floating Image windows outside of Photoshop'S Window.  There are no Tabbed Image windows.   I see you using a mouse and you are also using Photoshop Zoom tool. IMO using Photoshop zoom tool is a waste of time.  There are so many ways to zoom and Pans without having to select a zoom tool and using it.  I would like to suggest that you change you zooming habits a bit to speed up your editing workflow. Start by checking you Photoshop preferences.

Capture.jpg

Check that Zoom with Scroll Wheel is checked and the Zoom Resizes Windows is also Checked.  Use Photoshop Shortcuts

Ctrl++   Ctrl+-   Ctrl+0 and Ctrl+Alt+0  these will zoom and resize your Image and Image Window.   You Mouse wheel will zoom your image  in and out without changing its windows Size.  When the your image at its current zoom level does not fit within the window you can Pan the image within the window by holding the space-bar and dragging the image with the mouse left clicked. Or Hold the H key and mouse click and drag the preview frame.   IMO selecting the zoom tool and using it only slows you down some.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah using word "tab" wasn't the right choice, I meant image window.

About my zooming habits - I'm using wacom intuos 2017, I just mention mouse as example.

I don't have to choose "zoom tool" for zooming, as I mentioned I'm using "ctrl+space+left click+drag" shortcut which is giving me more gradual and controlled zoom then the mouse wheel or ctrl+-...

I mentioned "zoom tool" only to show the "zoom tool options bar" where "Scrubby zoom" is placed as a checking option so I could take a screenshot and show where my problem was, but since I had already restarted photoshop, the problem is temporary gone so it isn't grayed out in my screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Wacom Tablet My Intuos Pro zooms with two finger touch, also will rotate. The touch ring can aslo be used. In you screen capture what grays out???

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that there is alternative ways to zoom but each of them is uncomfortable from me(my workflow) some way.

Greyed out *Screenshot (80).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I thought you wrote.  I have been unable to get that to gray out on me. Draging left and right on the document targeted zooms. I always seem able to check and unchecked the check box on the Zoom option bar The two Image windows are on me middle 4K display, Photoshop window on me left 1600x1200 display and the Right Display 1600x1200 just part of the desktop wall paper.

Untitled-1.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not happening with me every time, it is happening unexpectedly few times in a week, and it was happening even with PS CC 2014 with 1 display and integrated graphics, but it is first time that I notice that it may happen only with one from 2 windows, and it looks like that that window also lose some graphic support from videocard since it didn't zoom smoothly as the other one, even when I was using other zooming methods, so the problem probably is in core of photoshop and not in hardware.

By the way thanks for taking your time and trying to help me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, but I'm not going to bang my head against an unresponsive corporate wall. I figure it will eventually get fixed. Until then, I re-boot. All the best, Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody has already a solution to get the scrubby zoom active again, mine is also greyed out?  I am working on a Wacom cintiq.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm now on photoshop 2018 and win 10 64bit, and it almost stops happening. Before that rebooting was my main solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines