• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

impossible to select 1px line

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its impossible to select a 1 px line in photoshop. I zoomed in 800% and clicked everywhere, the cursor wont recognize theres a layer there. No matter where i click i cant select it, i have to go through the layers and turn them off and on one by one to make it happen.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Sorry, its my fault for not being clear. I forget words like "select" are also tools. Your answer is correct, i just mis communicated and wasnt clear.

Thats what i ended up doing, turn on and turn off, but i had 20 layers with key lines i just duplicated. it really blew up in my face. Because i needed to select one key line to move 6 pixels down. "auto select" just doesnt work sometimes so i did the "AB testing" to figure out which layer was which line.

Its a strange bug, other key lines in othe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the correct tools?

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no you dont get what im saying, draw a vector shape, then draw a key line. 1 px width on top.

Then try to select it with the move tool.

its not a bug thats around all the time, its selective for some reason. Sometimes it easy to click and move an object, other times its impossible. no matter where i click or zoom in to select the layer. Nothing works.

Screen Shot 2017-02-21 at 3.14.29 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

allanl4456393  wrote

no you dont get what im saying, draw a vector shape, then draw a key line. 1 px width on top.

Then try to select it with the move tool.

Correct I did not get that at all.  You wrote nothing about any shape layer or any line.  You also can not draw on a shape layer. Yon can add a layer above it and draw a 1px line over the shape layer.  It is easy to taget the layer in the layer palette or slect the 1px wide line with a ctrl+Click in the layers palette.  If you try to select the line layer with the move tool with auto select layer option checked I could see you could easily miss and select some other layers. You should uncheck auto-select layer in the move tool option bar and target the line layer in the layers palette.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, its my fault for not being clear. I forget words like "select" are also tools. Your answer is correct, i just mis communicated and wasnt clear.

Thats what i ended up doing, turn on and turn off, but i had 20 layers with key lines i just duplicated. it really blew up in my face. Because i needed to select one key line to move 6 pixels down. "auto select" just doesnt work sometimes so i did the "AB testing" to figure out which layer was which line.

Its a strange bug, other key lines in other files are selected fine. But every now and again theres one of these lines who just wants to be left alone and i need to go into the layers pallets to do it the hard way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several ways you could approach this. One way would be to select the Single Row or Single Column Marquee tool.

These tools select only one pixel and will select to the edge of the canvas.

If you don't want to go to the edges of the canvas, you could use the Rectangular Marquee tool, click the Subtract icon, choose Style Normal, and drag around the pixels you want to delete from the selection.

If the selection you want to make is diagonal, once you make a selection with the Single ROw or Single Column Marquee tool, you can choose Select > Transform Selection to rotate the selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines