• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

change size of clip in PE15

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a clip (jpeg) in timeline in PE 15.  I want to change the "size" of the clip, but I don't want it to stay in it's 4:3 aspect ratio.  How do I do that?  It's got to be simple!

I have a real problem when I search for this answer that Adobe PE ALWAYS seems to think I mean "project aspect ratio."  Nope.  Just want to do a "free-form" size change of a clip.

Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

You can easily do that by selecting the clip or still on your timeline, opening Applied Effects, opening the Motion properties and unchecking the Uniform Scale option for Scale.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't mean "project aspect ratio" what aspect ratio do you mean?

You apparently want to change the shape of the JPEG you've added to your timeline. Are you just trying to crop the photo but keep the video frame the same size?

Are you trying to crop the photo so that it floats within the video frame or are you trying to make the photo larger than the video frame so that only a portion of it is visible?

And what are your project settings? You'll find them listed under the Edit menu, under Project Settings/General.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My project aspect ratio is 4:3. 

What I'm trying to do is a "free transform" (in Final Cut Pro language) a jpeg that's already within my timeline.  Actually it would be a picture in the picture.  But I do not want it to remain in the fixed aspect ratio.  I want to be able to change the up and down ratio, for instance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want to distort the image to fit the frame?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess that would describe it.  I thought I was resizing in "free-form." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

paule44110055  wrote

I guess that would describe it.  I thought I was resizing in "free-form." 

No it not describing it, it is what it is.

When unchecking uniform scale your image gets distorted .E.g. a circle will become an oval. Which imo looks awfull.

But if you are happy with a distorted image that is fine with me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can easily do that by selecting the clip or still on your timeline, opening Applied Effects, opening the Motion properties and unchecking the Uniform Scale option for Scale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help.  A simple fix when you know where to look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines