• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Simple animation ?

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a project in Captivate that uses a good many pre-created .swf files.  I don't know what program was initially used to create them, but some need updated.  Here is one of them:

I am able to change the text, and move / edit other items.  However, the two valves that are circled  need to blink red.  They blink in the originally published .swf file, but I can't figure out how to get them to blink after I edit other information. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

you need the fla to edit that in flash/animate.

you can try decompiling to recreate the fla if you don't have access to it.  sothink makes the best decompiler, imo.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need the fla to edit that in flash/animate.

you can try decompiling to recreate the fla if you don't have access to it.  sothink makes the best decompiler, imo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the .fla file now in Animate, but unsure as how to proceed.  I just need to get two valve symbols to blink, glow, or flash...whatever the correct term is in Animate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you need to find that instance on the main timeline or nested inside some other object that's on the main timeline.

you can determine the approximate frame where you'll find that instance by checking the frame rate and the duration the swf plays when that instance appears on stage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines