• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot save/save as due to "program error"

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop tells me "Could not complete request because of a program error" when I try to save or save as (in any format). Was just cropping and saving photos less than 30 minutes ago with no problems. I have not even done any major editing to the file, just simply cropped to a different size.

I am using Photoshop CS2 version 9.0 on Windows 7 - just installed less than a week ago - I tried to reset preferences, even though I have not changed any since it was installed.

I also tried editing type preferences and do not see options to change Asian to Middle Eastern type, as suggested in other forums.

I have restarted the program and my computer, still receiving error message when trying to save any files.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

morgans47748485  wrote

I also tried editing type preferences and do not see options to change Asian to Middle Eastern type, as suggested in other forums.

Well this option you're looking for wasn't available back in CS2. Back then we had a Middle Eastern version of Adobe Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to save to different disk or are you always trying to save to the same location

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

morgans47748485  wrote

Well this option you're looking for wasn't available back in CS2. Back then we had a Middle Eastern version of Adobe Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same errors. Happens with images, psd files, etc. The only way to save anything is to turn off/hide all the layers except for the background layer. Save it and then reopen. It should work after you do that. I'm about ready to throw in the towel with Photoshop. It's a flipping disaster of a program. Each update gets worse. In addition, my smoothing tool doesn't work at all. I can't even click on it. This is getting absurd. We should all get a big discount until they get this stuff fixed. Ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am as well, since the latest update, I cant save This is ridiculous!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and I'm in the middle of a huge project.  Does anyone ahve the answer?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off/hide all the layers except for the background layer. Save it and then reopen. It should work after you do that. At least it did for me and several others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The hide all layers didn't work for me, I also had a big project . I finally had to uninstall and reinstall the older version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no. I hate to hear that 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally had to uninstall and reinstall the older version too !!
I did not update now I manage to save without problem 🙂 

2020-12-29_15h48_40.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I am having the same issue only today. Previously I didn't have this error. Very frustrating! I tried saving on other locations (i.e. Desktop) but it doesn't work either). Other methods such as opening a new blank file, dragging the layers over and saving, doesn't work as well. Same prompt comes up, weird.

Adobe needs to fix this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I have good news for you bc I do have the solution! In a nutshell the
new update is what causes the issue. If you roll back to an older version
and avoid updates for now, it should solve the problem. I'm sure adobe
will fix it bc it seems like a common issue with the new update. Hope this
helps you today!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Yep, I just rolled back to an older version, seems like no more problems! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So we go back to the version which opens with the mermaid picture?  Right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines