• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw issue - won't open D7100 raw/nef files ?

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I recently upgraded from PS CS6 to PS CC 2017. My Camera Raw version is currently 9.8. I kept CS6 installed for a while, just in case. When I open a raw file (via Bridge CC) from my Nikon D200, PS CS6 starts running to open Camera Raw, instead of PS CC. And Camera Raw doesn't seem to read raw files from my Nikon D7100. As suggested, I uninstalled/reinstalled PS CC. Still don't work. Any idea? Please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

To open files in CC 2017 by default, you need to set file associations, either in the operating system, or in Bridge. (Bridge CC 2017 isn't installed by default, by you can install it using the CC desktop app)

In Bridge, go to Preferences > File type associations, and set NEFs to open in Photoshop CC 2017.

In CS6, the D7100 files should open, provided you have version 7.4 or later of the Camera raw plugin.

The latest (and last) version for CS6 is 9.1.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To open files in CC 2017 by default, you need to set file associations, either in the operating system, or in Bridge. (Bridge CC 2017 isn't installed by default, by you can install it using the CC desktop app)

In Bridge, go to Preferences > File type associations, and set NEFs to open in Photoshop CC 2017.

In CS6, the D7100 files should open, provided you have version 7.4 or later of the Camera raw plugin.

The latest (and last) version for CS6 is 9.1.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know what Adobe software you have installed or had installed on your machine.  I have Photoshop CS2 and all Creative Cloud versions of Photoshop installed.  So I have an Adobe Bridge that opens a very old ACR and Photoshop CS2,  Have Adobe Bridge CS6 that Opens ACR 9.1.1 and Photoshop CS6,  have Adobe Bridge CC which opens ACR 9.8 and  Photoshop CC 2014,  Have Adobe Bridge CC 2015 that opens ACR 9.8 and Photoshop CC 2015.5 and have Adobe Bridge CC 2017 which opens ACR 9.8 and Photoshop CC 2017.

Make sure that You are using Adobe Bridge CC 2017, Photoshop CC 2017 and ARC 9.8.   Also check your Windows registry key Photoshop.exe and that the  commands to open and edit are pointing to C:\Programs Files\Adobe|Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Photoshop.exe

File extension Associations can change what version of Photoshop opens...............

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much, Per Berntsen, it was totally that. I had totally forgot about those preferences ! Now it works perfectly. Thank you JJMack too. Have you guys a perfect day !

Edd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines