• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font problems when converting PDF to Word

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When converting a pdf document to a Word document, the Word document isn't using the correct fonts. Instead of using Helvetica Neue Condensed Bold, it is specifying the text as Helvetica Neue and then the Bold setting in the Word toolbar...which displays like some kind of default serif bold font, Yucky!

Is there any way to force it to specify fonts the right way?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emmatmcreative,

Please confirm if it happens with all the files or any particular file.

Also, refer to the thread in the link below for more information on the same:

When I convert my pdf to a word document, weird symbols show up on the word document. How do I preve... 

Let me know if you need more help on this.

Thanks,

Supriya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, I just tested several different documents and even different fonts and it is doing that same thing...specifying the general font with bold or italic in the Word toolbar, which is then displaying incorrectly. I made these pdfs from InDesign, so I use, for example "Avenir Italic" and "Avenir Bold" and want them to be treated as a different font than Avenir. Not Avenir with an italic style applied. Is there a setting for that?

Thanks for your reply!

-Emma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines