• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot load photos into the Library - I'm at the end of my tether.....

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For two days now I have not been able to import photos to my Library and get the message -"Could not copy a file to the destination folder because it is not writeable".  I have tried suggestions from other forums and nothing works.  I cannot get through on the subscription helpine as the number is not recognised.  Where do I turn to for technical help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

The Destination folder does not have WRITE permission, you need to determine the exact Destination folder (it's on the right hand side of the Import screen) and then either

1. in your operating system, change the permissions on this EXACT folder to have WRITE permission — OR —
  2. in Lightroom, change the Destination folder to some place that does have write permission

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Destination folder does not have WRITE permission, you need to determine the exact Destination folder (it's on the right hand side of the Import screen) and then either

1. in your operating system, change the permissions on this EXACT folder to have WRITE permission — OR —
  2. in Lightroom, change the Destination folder to some place that does have write permission

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response and suggestions.  I'm afraid the problems were more significant - I had been hacked!!  Now all sorted thanks to brilliant support staff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines