• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview Unavailable for iPhone 7 DNG file

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been shooting RAW with my new iPhone7 Plus. However, it is a pain in the butt to NOT be able to see the images in preview in Lightroom CC! I can see the image if I double click on it, but not in the multiple image screen for import. Is there a plugin or Camera Raw update that I'm missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

I’m not sure why. It may be easiest to select all and import the whole batch and wait for the Library previews to get generated. Then make your pics and rejects.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Drathbun,

Please ensure that you are using the latest version of Lightroom CC. Also, does this only happens when you import a DNG image from iPhone?

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Akash. Yes, I have the latest version of CC. The only device I have for DNG files is my iPhone 7 Plus. My Nikon D7100 shoots NEF.

I've attached two screenshots that show the preview for the DNG files in the multiple image view and what happens with I double click on one of the DNG files. I can see the images fine when I have them full screen, but not when they are in the multiple image view.

screensho3.png

screenshot2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the files are DNG you need to choose “Copy”

Only use copy as DNG when converting from NEF or other raw file types.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed to COPY and the previews are still "Preview unavailable for this file".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I’m not sure why. It may be easiest to select all and import the whole batch and wait for the Library previews to get generated. Then make your pics and rejects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines