Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Previews glitching and extremely slow

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I was hoping anybody might have a solution for me or tell me where my issues lie.

I've been doing a lot of videos at 1080p 60fps. But I have been having HORRIBLE preview speeds (we are talking 0.5-1 fps) making my workflow extremely painful and lengthy for no reason. I don't use many effects (almost none) and most of my files are brought in as images (png or jpg) or .AI files.

Not only have my previews been slow, I started experiencing a weird glitch. No matter what I do it doesnt go away. Ive been having to work like this for a few days now, hoping final renders are ok (output looks normal, no glitches).

I made a video of it. Note that in the video I am using slight wiggle on molecules so pay more attention on frames skipping back and forth (https://www.dropbox.com/s/bkdoiz4f3xlnrja/After%20Effects%20Glitch.mp4?dl=0). This was also cached in advance otherwise it would take about 15 minutes to preview this.

I am running AE CC 14.0.1.5

Here are my computer specs:

• Asus X99-DELUXE ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard
  • Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor
  • Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
  • MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card
  • Samsung XP941 512GB AHCI M.2 80mm PCIe 2.0 x4 SSD
  • Dual Monitors at: 2560x1440

Any help to fix any of these issues would be SUPER appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's not much of a compelling reason to deliver 60 fps content. Most streaming services will send the movie out at 30 unless you have really high bandwidth. I would suggest that you do most of your work at 30 (29.97) because that is the standard. Our brains are wired to accept the motion blur associated with the movement of images on a screen at somewhere between 24 and 30, so unless you are doing something specific that will definitely benefit from 60 fps playback and you are satisfied that most of your viewers will be watching at 30 then I would not bother producing at 60 fps. 

The frame skipping, if you checked your render a frame at a time and it's OK, is coming from your player not being able to keep up with the frame rate. Standard Problem. 

You should spend some time researching frame rates, video standards and use that knowledge to make decisions the that make sense in the real world.

I know I didn't solve your problem when it comes to 60fps production but you do have to ask yourself if you really need the higher frame rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi andrejp,

How are things going with this issue? We haven't heard back from you since you first posted. Still having trouble previewing your 60P comps? Please let us know if you are clear of the issue or if you still need help.

Thanks!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines