• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Premiere timeline Markers into AE??

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

is there an easy way to export Premiere Pro Timeline markers to Ae?

Premiere can export Markers to .CSV, .TXT & .HTML, the .TXT is not working, sp that leaves us with the .CSV & .HTML, but how can i use this information to convert them to markers in AE?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't. Unfortunately this stuff isn't compatible with each other.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What?!? Mylenium is usually right, so I think he must have misunderstood the question.

You can totally bring markers from Premiere to After Effects!

And you don't even have to export anything.

In AE, go to File>Import>Import Premiere Pro Project

Pick your Premiere Project. (Choose all sequences or whatever - it shouldn't matter.)

If you've left markers on footage, audio, or really any assets on a track in Premiere, you will have markers on the respective layers in AE.

And, if you've got markers on your sequence in Premiere, they will show up as composition markers in AE.

Both of them work and work well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I said "import" too many times.

File>Import>Adobe Premiere Pro Project is the actual command.

I forgot to mention, if you have marker names, comments, and duration on your timeline markers in Premiere, ALL OF THAT comes through in the composition markers in AE too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! You did answer *my* question. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To clarify! You have to use File-->Import-->Adobe Premiere Pro Project to make this work. "Replace with After Effects Composition" from within Premiere will not work 😞  

(CC 22)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @Szalam, but this is not what am looking for, this solution is good for a local work between two apps, but I was wanted a solution for a remote editing machine that can send me Premiere's Timeline markers, to use them via expressions in AE.

We are already using the method you mentioned, asking the editor to clear all the footage from the timeline and the project and to keep only one adjustment layer holding the markers on it, and then send us this project, but i was looking for an easier way to do this from marker panel, or File > Export > Markers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, then Mylenium did understand your question after all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a much easier way; Export the premiere pro timeline as WAVEFORM Audio... drag that exported .wav into after effects and ALL markers will be present. All i do is mute the audio tracks before export so only the markers actually export and none of the wrrkflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines