• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SCUP download not working for flash version 24.0.0.194

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The download site for SCCM SCUP updates for flash has stopped working. The download site is: http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/AdobeFlashPlayerCatalog_SCUP.cab

I have tried removing the catalog and re-adding but it points to the same site!

Has this location changed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Yes the location has changed.  For details please refer Adobe - Player Licensing : Distribution Strategies or chapter 3 of the Adobe Flash Player Administration Guide.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the location has changed.  For details please refer Adobe - Player Licensing : Distribution Strategies or chapter 3 of the Adobe Flash Player Administration Guide.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi grahaml57229231

Please note that a current distribution license is required to distribute Flash Player within your organization (this has always been a requirement).  If you have a current license, it contains a link to the distribution page.  If you don't have a current distribution license please request one at http://www.adobe.com/products/players/flash-player-distribution.html

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've experienced a similar issue, it failed when I tried to publish Adobe flash player 24.0.0.194 in SCUP 2011. After checking the SCUP.log as below shows, I noticed that the error occurred due to failed download "404 not found", you can refer to the following error message:

[moderator:  deleted distribution links posted in violation of distribution license agreement]

I tried to access the download link directly via IE explorer, unfortunately, I got the same result "404 not found". May I know if the link above is the correct download link? I believe this is the root cause, thanks in advance!

BTW, before I publish them, I've already changed the catalog download link to be the latest one: https://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/distribution/win/AdobeFlashPlayerCatalog_SCUP.cab

Best Regards,

Bruno Liu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You are experiencing this issue because you are trying to deploy files of version 24.0.0.194 whereas the latest version of Flash Player is 24.0.0.221. Once a higher version of Flash Player is released we remove the older version deliverables.

When you are deploying 24.0.0.194 SCUP.cab, it is looking for 24.0.0.194 deliverables and as they are no more available it gives you 404 error.

Please download the latest SCUP file from Adobe - Player Licensing : Distribution Strategies page and retry the deployment process.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear,

Thanks very much for your reply.

Actually, we have downloaded the latest SCUP file from the page you mentioned and imported it to the SCUP console before we consult you in this forum thread. However, the issue still occurred.

As you mentioned above, even if we downloaded the latest SCUP file, we cannot publish SCUP 24.0.0.194 successfully because the download source was removed, right? If this is the case, we are just able to publish Adobe flash player  24.0.0.221, right?

Thanks very much for your help and I look forward to your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you will be able to deploy 24.0.0.221 deliverables using the latest SCUP file.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bruno.Liu

Once a new version is released previous versions are removed and not available for installation.  If you inspect the SCUP catalog file you'll see that version 24.0.0.194 is not available for installation (PublicationStatus=Expired).

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines