• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems saving booklet via PS file

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to print a booklet from indesign on my home printer. I'm on a mac, select 'print booklet' and use the .ps file option before saving the file as a PDF.  The problem arises when the .ps file is created - the booklet pages are not centered and don't line up when the sheets are printed both sides.

I've tried everything I can think of for the past several hours and can't find the answer.

Anyone have any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is as printers work, they have a lack of registration precision. You have to live with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to print 2 single pages then flip them back-to-back to see if it is aligned, to test if it is the two-sided process or to locate any adjustments to make in your design.

Can you confirm the size of the misalignment? If it is small, it could be your printer, if larger, I would suggest to include it in your design to compensate for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem arises when the .ps file is created - the booklet pages are not centered

Are the spreads off center in the PDF or are they printing off center?

When you save the .ps file are you sure the Print Booklet>Print Settings>Setup>Options>Page Position is set to Centered:

Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 8.32.42 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines