• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 4 requesting previous versions serial number which I do not have anymore

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed Lightroom 4 onto my laptop as my PC that had it on crashed. When I entered my Serial number to register the product the screen said the serial I have entered is an upgrade serial number and I need to enter my previous versions(LR3) serial which I do not have anymore as when I upgraded that version disappeared off my profile. Is there anyway I can sort this out without that serial number. I chatted to the help chat but was pointed in this direction.

Many thanks in advance.Capture.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

See if you can find it here:

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Lightroom\Lightroom 3.0 Registration.lrreg

If the text file is available you would need to open it in Notepad.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks ACP but the previous version was installed on my PC which has now crashed so the Lightroom folder you indicated on my laptop is empty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you originally registered your product the serial number will be stored in your Adobe Account.

Sign in with your Adobe ID (email address & password) and choose the tab “Plans & Products”

Then view your products. Every registered application should be shown with serial numbers.

To see a list of your registered products and their serial numbers, go to My Account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, thanks 99Jon Not ACP..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been there already, it only shows my LR 4 product. When I queried it the chat said the previous version gets removed for safety reasons

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is not much you can do without the LR3 serial number as you would have purchased LR4 at the upgrade price.

Anyway a new computer would undoubtedly benefit from the latest software so perhaps you should consider upgrading to LR6. You can get the upgrade from LR4 since you have that serial number.

If you meet the system requirements, you can buy LR6 from the following link. Wait for the full price to be displayed and then click “Buy” After clicking "Buy" use the menu options to change from Full to Upgrade; then select your existing LR product from the drop-down menu and the correct pricing will be displayed. Then simply choose “Add to Cart”

Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks 99Jon, the help is appreciated. Don't have cash for a new version right now so will have to wait.

Many Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's one thing you can try, but there's no guarantee for success.

If you have a invoice or another document that can proof that you have buy Lightroom 3 try to contact the Adobe support and described your problem and say that you can proof the buying of LR3. It's can be possible that they can help.

As far as I said before: it's not a guarantee but it's a try

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jonoblanshard  wrote

Been there already, it only shows my LR 4 product. When I queried it the chat said the previous version gets removed for safety reasons

I'm not sure about that because my account shows all versions serial numbers: 3, 4, 5 & 6

I cannot see why serials would be deleted by Adobe from your account as they are yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I think the download links get removed after a period but all product purchase history should be available assuming the product was registered when originally purchased. Some people forget to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I thought but the person I was talking to on the chat said they get removed for security reasons, whatever that means.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for this 99Jon I managed to get the serial off my wife's computer.

Many thanks for the assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines