• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Email forms

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to have a customers email field on my form so that when the submit form button is pressed the form will be submitted to our office and the customer.

thanks

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I am not a coder so please bear with me. When I create a button I go to the Action tab and select trigger Mouse up.I then select submit a form in select action. Where do I type the code

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of "Submit a form" select "Run JavaScript".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but do I copy and paste complete script shown or only parts of it. I understand I have to change email addresses within the script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK sorry to trouble you as I have now been able to make this script work which is fantastic. I would like to edit it so that a field on the form called Job Number is placed in the attached field of the email. Is this possible please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean you want to use that field's value in the subject line of the email? If so, please post your code and describe what the full subject line should be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Not in the Subject line but in the Attached line. The form is called "Engineers Report" and it has a field called "Job No:" . The job number field is completed with a unique number e.g. J12345. I would like the email attached line to state Engineers Report J12345.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, you mean that you want to rename the file before attaching it... That's more difficult. It's only possible if a script is installed on the local machine of each user who is going to use it, basically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK having a rethink can I put "Engineers Report Job No J12345" in the subject line and I will save the document with a file name which is more generic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Set the cSubject parameter in your code to:

cSubject: "Engineers Report Job No " + this.getField("Engineers Report").valueAsString

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou you have a very special skill much appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One last thing how do I get a space between No and J12345 please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a space there in the code I posted above...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks my mistake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the space after No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines