New Here ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Indesign CC2017

epub 2.0.1

MAC

I'm attempting to export an ePub from indesign and i've been successful other than I lose the left-side of some of my text boxes when the page size decreases (images of normal sized page and decreased page below).

This only happens when the page is before a page break/ new chapter start.

I'm using sigil to edit the doc after it's been exported.

Has anyone got any suggestions or fixes?

Thanks a bundle.

Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 16.40.02.pngScreen Shot 2017-02-22 at 16.40.21.png

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you using version 2 of EPUB? Does it work if you export to version 3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was told you use version 2 as not all devices support version 3? Is that not correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have just tried and it's the same on version 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without examining all of the files, it's hard to say what's happening. Are you seeing this in all epub readers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've only looked at it in sigil, and it looks fine in there.

Have you got a suggestion for any other pub reader to try?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and iBooks, which is showing the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshots from InDesign as well as epub readers would help. Are you using styles in InDesign? Are you mapping those styles to tags?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 17.34.35.png

This is one of my indesign pages. I am using styles, how would I know if I am exporting them as tags?

I have the text boxes anchored. Is there a way to make the box set standard to the width of the page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you expecting a reflowable epub to look exactly like it does in InDesign?

You need some kind of margin in your document and I certainly wouldn't be using rounded corners and shadows. Make it simple and check your styles. There is a tagging option for paragraph and character styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I know it will not look exactly like the InDesign doc.

I have a margin in my document. I've tried changing the corners and taking off the shadows, I also have style export on. I'm still having the same problem though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear on your original post. What does "when the page size decreases" mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I readjust the size of the window I'm viewing it in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like more of a reader issue than an EPUB issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you are doing a reflow format for epub 3, but using a different device view causes the box to display incorrectly.

Because indesign does not support the set "%" as css calculation unit, so set the output from the indesign box (xhtml use may be p or div) will only use the pixels as a unit, then your box in different devices Watching will happen with an error display, which is sure to happen.

This problem is very similar to what happened to me, it was told that I can output epub and then unlock the epub file to edit css, but there will be a lot of inconvenience, as long as you change indesign every time you have to change once again css.

I think that indesign should be in the style panel (display automatically generate css location to add a button can edit css) This will be able to solve all the problems.

At present, my approach is to customize the css and specify the size of the div to be used inside the size, and then indesign specified in each style of the transfer style, and specify does not produce css, generated xhtml will automatically apply to my set Css.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines