• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reposition in Print Module doesn't work

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reposition an image in the print module, but the results don't show up on the final print.

Example (you can see in Lightroom I moved it to the left to avoid chopping off her feet):

Screen Shot 2016-12-17 at 11.20.52 AM.pngtest.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a screenshot of your print settings. Did you print the  image borderless?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can make it borderless, but it still wouldn't be correctly cropped.

I can manually crop it, but why can I reposition it in the preview then? What's the point if it does nothing but change the preview?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to see your print settings. What are the dimensions of the image? What size print are you trying to print?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's irrelevant. The following article explains how the behavior should work, but it doesn't.

Print module layouts and templates in Lightroom

Tip: If an image cell doesn’t display the portion of a photo you want, drag the photo in the cell to reposition it. In a Picture Package layout, Ctrl-drag (Windows) or Command-drag (Mac OS).

This isn't working. You can see in my images above how I dragged it to the left (see ornament above head and feet), and how the resulting "print" comes out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the risk of sounding redundant, to better help you, we would like to see a screen shot of your print settings.

It would also help to know

What platform you are using (PC or Mac)

What OS?

What version of Lightroom?

What printer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS 10.12.2 with Lightroom 2015.8

Canon Pixma PRO-10

Here's the two print options.  I can print borderless, different sizes, different papers, even Print to JPEG File, it doesn't matter, the reposition doesn't appear on the final print.

Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 3.44.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 3.44.32 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not familiar with the Canon printers.  Is this a printer that has worked before but now doesn't?  Or is this a new printer that has always performed like this?  I have not been able to duplicate this on my iMac with an Epson R2000.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the only printer I've used. But even if I Print to a JPEG File, it will have the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chrisbartow,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please let us know the steps you have tried to troubleshoot this issue so far?

• Changing Print scaling,orientation or paper size.
  • Try to reproduce the issue with a different image or on a different application.
  • Switch to default Printer preferences.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have exactly the same problem. I prepare a set of photos of different size (8x10 - 5x7 - 3,5x5 - 2,5x3,5) I move (using the key cmd + drag) my image on the first page (8x10) and the other formats adjust automatically. Everything is correct in the lightroom previews. When I print in a jpg format file, after export, the displacement of my image is not correct on all my formats. Any format that has been rotate is erroned. See attached file.

Capture d’écran 2017-11-30 à 19.24.06.png

this is the export file. these hand cut her.

PLS5-2.jpgPLS5-3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well then, if you don't want to share your print module settings which ARE relevant in this discussion, then I suppose you will have to figure it out on your own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines