• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't back up catalog on exit

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom CC 2015.8 on PC running Windows 7 -- When I close Lightroom and choose "Backup", the "Backing Up Catalog" bar opens but does not make any progress.  No error message.  I wind up having to end the Lightroom task, optimize the catalog, and then the backup works.  How can I get the backup to work properly when closing Lightroom?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the location your are trying to write the backup to?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm backing up to the C: drive into the MyPictures/Lightroom/Photos/Backup folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kathysyv,

Have you tried backing it up to a different location?

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just tried backing up to a different location and I still have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines