• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Movie clip symbol does not scale smoothly

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a walk cycle as a movie clip symbol. Using that loop, the character walks across/towards the screen and gets larger. But instead of a smooth scale (like in the tutorial), it only increases in size after each loop, creating a really bad jumpy effect. During the walk cycle the size doesn't change. Does anyone know how to work around this? The character's limbs are all movie clip symbols and I didn't use bones. Adding eases to the main timeline has not made any difference.

I'm using Animate CC 2017 with Windows 10 Home, made the animation following Adobe's "How to create a 2D character animation" tutorial.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the limb animations should be on the character's timeline.

the character should be on another timeline where he moves across the stage and scales

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are. The character animation is its own movie clip symbol. On the main timeline, i have that symbol instance move across the stage and scale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you using a motion tween?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share an example file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could try converting the movie clips into graphics. I'm not sure how you have it set up, but animation contained within movie clips will not play back except in exports. The contents of graphics will be played back however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines