• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why won't the background dim when I go into a grouped object?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac and recently updated Adobe Animate CC 2017 hoping this would fix the problem, but it hasn't? Is this something Adobe removed when they made Animate? Does anyone else have this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

You probably need to trash your Animate Preferences. Here's the faq on how to do that:FAQ: How do I reset Flash professional to default configurations and preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The background doesn't change but the other visible objects on the stage will fade if you double click on a grouped item or on a symbol to edit it. This is the same as it has always been.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the prompt reply. That is the problem, the visible objects DON'T fade when I double click a grouped item or symbol to edit. Is there a setting I'm missing? Is there something I can do to fix this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably need to trash your Animate Preferences. Here's the faq on how to do that:FAQ: How do I reset Flash professional to default configurations and preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That did the trick! I greatly appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you're referring to a graphic symbol or Movie Clip instead? If it doesn't dim a bit when you double click inside the symbol, you have your View/ Preview Mode to something other than Full. then the desktop will dim behind it as you open the symbol. But this does not happen inside a grouped object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines