• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open or save files

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot open existing files or save the one I already had opened.

When trying to open various files I get the same error message: "Error loading document. Invalid document type." (file extension xd on all of them)

When I try to save the file I already have open I get this error message: "The document "KUNDEREGISTER grafisk v2.xd" could not be saved."

When I try save as... on the same file I get this error message: "The document "KUNDEREGISTER grafisk v2.xd" could not be saved as "KUNDEREGISTER grafisk v3.xd""

I'm on a Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11.6) and XD is the 0.6.12.17 Beta version, continually updated via CC updates.

Please help, I'm using the app in a client project

Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 11.43.51.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 11.43.31.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

To state it more explicitly: the Mac save/load problems should now be fixed.

The fix is contained in Adobe XD version 0.6.18.5, released on March 7.  Check the About box to make sure you have this new version.  If not, open the Creative Cloud app, click the gear icon, then click Check for Updates.

If you are using version 0.6.18.5 and you're still having problems opening or saving files, then please let us know right away.

If you are having save/load problems on Windows, please refer to this other forum thread

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, hegeh​-

Can you upload the file you're trying to open to a file sharing service (like CC Assets, Dropbox, or Google Drive) and send me a link via PM? I can try to open it on my machine and see if it's the file or your machine. Does this happen with new files, or just with this file?

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Have sent you a dropbox link. Happens with both existing and new files, and not just this, but all my files.

- Hege

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did it suddenly start happening, or did it start happening immediately after you upgraded to this version of XD?

So the good news is: I was able to open and save your files using the same setup as you described above, so you haven't actually lost data. Stay tuned - I'll probably reach out with more questions in the near future.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great that you were able to save my file. This started to happen all of a sudden, at least a week after my last upgrade, maybe even more.

Any idea on how to fix? As mentioned I'm using these files in ongoing client project...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

elainecc Several users seem to have experiencedd this after last upgrade. Can you do a rollback to last version so that we can update to a previous version? Can you please update us on what you are doing to solve this problem and how long you expect it will take?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this message today as well. Have never had an issue like this before. I cannot save or open any files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anything change about your setup between the last time you launched XD and today? (e.g. OS upgrade, XD upgrade)

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded XD whenever the latest upgrade came out. It was working fine up until today. I sent the file to a coworker who didn't update their xd yet and they could not open the file. It told her she had to update to open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd expect the latter to happen, as we do upgrade the file format often in order to accommodate new features. Did anything at all change between yesterday and today (or the last time you launched XD and today)? It seems odd that it was working after upgrade until now - most problems we've seen have happened immediately after upgrading XD.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I know of at all. I've tried saving and Save As to no avail. I can't open any XD files either. It says "Error loading document. Invalid document type." But I can export screens as pngs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share one of your docs with me (not via Share in app, but copy the XD file to a file sharing service)? Shoot me a PM and I'll see if I can open it on my side using the most recent Beta build.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same issue. "The document could not be saved." Looking through older posts it looks like this happened last year as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Facing the same issues. I think it's after the last update. I can't even save a new file that I created. I need to send the client on an urgent basis. Any kind of help is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I want to let you know that we are actively looking at this issue. It would be helpful for us if you could:

1. Check that sharing is working or not

2. Check the available free space on your mac local storage (SSD/HDD)

3. Check the size of your $TMPDIR folder. For this, you can open a Terminal and run the following command: du -sh $TMPDIR

Thanks for your help,

Kind regards,

M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having the same issue as above.

I can share the project, my machine has 52gb of hd space available and I'm getting 338g for the $tmpdir.

PLEASE HELP!   I have a hard client deadline to meet at the end of this week and really need this resolved before then.

thanks

tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mihnea,

Temp folder: 18M

Sharing is working fine. Can I somehow retrieve my work from the shared version?

Available disk space is ok.

thx

Dany

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Sharing is working

2. 80 gb of free space

3. when running the command in Terminal the only number I see is 9.1M, but no idea if that has to do with size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

• Environment:  Mac mini / Sierra 10.12.3 / XD 0.6.12.17 Beta
  • Your questions:
  1. Sharing is working
  2. 189 Gb of free space
  3. "du -sh $TMPDIR" -> "57M"
  • I can't anymore open a XD file on the Mac
  • I can't anymore save a XD file on the Mac, even a new blank project
  • I can open the XD file on Adobe XD on Windows, it just take a time to open it

I've been this problem since Friday 17/02/2017. Everything was working before. I make a lot of works since this day and I have to continue working on it without being able to save. The file contains about 50 interfaces. I didn't shut down my Mac since I can't save. What should I do? I exported all the interfaces in SVG format.

I hope you will find a solution very soon.

---------

* EDIT *

---------

I found a solution to resolve this problem:

• Copy all art boards in the list (don't copy content of the art boards)
  • Open a new document and Paste
  • Verify if all art boards as well been pasted
  • If you try to save this new document, it will not work
  • Keep all interfaces on the clipboard and close all the Adobe Experience Design windows
  • Open a new Adobe Experience Design document and Paste all art boards
  • Now you can save correctly your work

Careful, you lose all transitions between art boards.

I may have an idea of the reason for the problem: I didn't shut down the Mac and exit the software Adobe XD since a long time and I make a lot of modifications to the file. Hoping this can help you. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chiming in w/the same problem.

• Environment:  MacBook Air / Sierra 10.12.3 / XD 0.6.12.17 Beta
  • Everything was working yesterday; no changes were made to XD or OS, no updates.
  • "The document “file name” could not be saved."
    File will not save to anything (local drive, external USB, cloud drive). File will not "Save as..."
    Plenty of free space. Exported as .svg as backup per a post suggestion.
  • Terminal response:   67M /var/folders/2t/jxj2f_655zv6jkbgp2vnm3y40000gp/T/

Like most of us, on a client project w/presentations and deadlines right around the corner.

-------------

**UPDATE**

-------------

Exporting as .svg looked like it worked (as last ditch effort to save work) initially. However those files appear to not import into XD, and they open as blank canvases in Illustrator.   (work was all lost)
Artboard (canvas) remains empty. Illustrator thumbnail shows expected images. Layers are showing as if the expected vectors all exist, yet blank canvas regardless of layers on/off/visible.

An action taken this morning around the time the save problem was noticed:

The file in question was duplicated in the finder, and renamed (extra backup). The file was 'not' open at the time of the duplication. The file that was then opened was the new renamed file.

After a restart (and the acceptance of all the lost work), XD is now saving again.

Recommendation to everyone:  Save lots of incremental copies of work to minimize your loss when this happens...like the early days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting to svg does work. Just import the svg into an art board, then 'ungroup canvas' which will bring a black rectangle in front. Just delete that.

A better way though is to copy all art boards. Quit XD. Relaunch XD and then past. All art boards will be back!

IMPORTANT: when you copy the art boards, make sure you select the art boards in the list. So don't click in the canvas and 'select all' because then you will copy the ​content of the art boards instead of the art boards themselves

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, this works waiting for the correction of this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi just a touch too late with info, closed the app yesterday and lost all my work for two days....

Where are the Adobe support team??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I couldn't wait and I bit the bullet and restarted XD and haven't yet "experienced" the same problem. Fingers crossed I don't. I've just be been saving like a mad man every few minutes in hopes that when I do get the error again I can just restart. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also running into the same problem. Unable to save a file or open an existing file.

Sharing works fine.

300+ GB space

40M for terminal response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines