• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Premiere Elements 15 open Premiere Elements 11?

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Premiere Elements 11 used to work fine under Win 8.1.  After the OS upgrade to Win 10 it crashes the OS (Blue Screen) randomly.  The memory dump analyzer (MS WinDbg) reports pre11 is in violation of memory access.

I have a lot of .Perl 11 projects, and I want to make sure that I can open them with Elements 15 before I buy it.

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You definitely can not open a version 11 project with version 15, if that's what you're asking.'

Have you tried running version 11 in Windows 7 Compatibilty Mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

Thank you for the verification.  I know how to run the Win 10 Explorer in older version mode, but I have no idea how to run app in such fashion.  Can you shed some lite on that?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Steve,

The link is not going anywhere.  However, thanks for the clue anyway, cause I found how to run/test an app in Win 10 compatibility mode.  I just have to use Pre 11 for the next couple of weeks (think that's long enough) to confirm as to whether the MS Compatibility Troubleshooter fixed the issue or not.  Either way, you've confirmed that Pre 15 won't be able to open Pre 11 projects.

Many thanks for your time,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines