• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening images from LR to PScc with no tabs?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSCC, Mac.  Need to open 5 images from Lr into layers in PS.  (Photo/edit in/open as layers in PS)  I went to PS prefs and unchecked tabs and floating window option.  I have my 5 layers in PS, but only one image showing.  I can't click on a layer and see that image.  I went to 'windows' menu and selected 'cascade' and nothing happens.  I have restarted PS after every change, restarted my Mac and I'm at a loss now.  Suggestions? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

This is a Photoshop question- (maybe better answers in the Photoshop forum)

With Ps layers you will only see the top-most layer unless you hide layers by clicking on the layer 'eye' icon. (or lowering the opacity of the top layer-  or by applying masks to areas of each layer)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a Photoshop question- (maybe better answers in the Photoshop forum)

With Ps layers you will only see the top-most layer unless you hide layers by clicking on the layer 'eye' icon. (or lowering the opacity of the top layer-  or by applying masks to areas of each layer)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have no idea why this was moved to LR when it's PS problem.  Ok, even though one image is visible, if I hide all but one layer, I can work on the one I need.... Will review that.  Thanks.  I'll leave this thread open for now until I give this a try.  I was really wanting my cascading images! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, your advise will work fine.  I hid all the other layers, made visible one at a time to do my masking, then proceeded to the next.  This is what I needed.  I'm used to having the images all open, then closing one at a time when I'm finished with masking, etc.  Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add a comment- sounds like you are a Photoshop beginner?

Consider that layers are all part of one document- they are not separate image files.

So if you are editing these (layers) individually you are not creating individual images. (although there is a way to do this from the layers)

For window options on the Menu > Edit > Preferences > Workspace

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, used PS for years & hate it more with each passing day. I do a lot of compositing, masking etc. and starting to do more images with transparencies from a light box.  The work flow in CC needed to be upgraded in my brain. Your advise helped me to get over the hump, so appreciate that. Sometimes you wanna do stuff the way you've always done it.....     Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines