Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Lesson 4

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working through the AE class room in a book.

I am on chapter 4: Working with shapes and am currently on the duplicating shapes part on page 100/101.

In the lesson, you are working with a shape that looks like a drop, and are supposed to create a pinwheel using the repeater, then modifying that layer using rotation.

My issue is: every time I rotate it, all the drops rotate off screen, whereas in the book they are right next to the original shape. I've tried changing the anchor point and everything else I can think of. Has anyone else had this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are probably using the wrong transform. There's a difference between using the shape layer group transforms and the standard AE layer transforms.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi BrandonO,

Do you still need assistance with this lesson, or did Mylenium's advice get you back on track? Hopefully the latter! Let us know how you're doing!

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines