• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is PHOTOSHOP in the CC Lightroom trial App???

Participant ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the trial version of Creative Cloud Lightroom "Photography Plan." It's the plan Adobe advertises as the $9.99/mo plan. They told me it comes with a full functioning version of the lastest PHOTOSHOP software. I can't seem to find ANY semblance of a Photoshop program in Lightroom. I need to open existing photoshop files (old CS files) complete with many LAYERS, and I need to be able to convert to CMYK and color correct each document and then flatten each document to be uploaded to InDesign so I can design my Graphic Novel. That said, I never worked with Lightroom, but I chose this plan due to the reasonable pricing. Everybody keeps saying that Photoshop is included, but where? What am I missing. I'm going absolutely crazy trying to get a definitive answer. Am I wrong, did I misinterpret ALL the inquiries about Photoshop being INCLUDED in the Lightroom App???

Please explain this to me in non-techie, layman's terms so I can decide whether to move on from this Lightroom App or find the Photoshop app that they say comes with it.

Thanks for your help.

Dumbfounded and perplexed, Scott

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Back again? And took the plunge on the Photography Plan trial?

Photoshop is not inside Lightroom. As explained in your other thread, Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC are two separate apps.

Have you installed the Cloud desktop application?

Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe Creative Cloud trial

Use the Creative Cloud desktop app to manage your apps and services

Inside that app, you should see both Photoshop and Lightroom as two separate apps to install.

If not, can you please post a screensh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back again? And took the plunge on the Photography Plan trial?

Photoshop is not inside Lightroom. As explained in your other thread, Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC are two separate apps.

Have you installed the Cloud desktop application?

Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe Creative Cloud trial

Use the Creative Cloud desktop app to manage your apps and services

Inside that app, you should see both Photoshop and Lightroom as two separate apps to install.

If not, can you please post a screenshot of what you see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Evening John, why am I not surprised it's you? I'm not sure if the Cloud desktop application is the one on the attached screenshot, but if it is, am I suppose to also click on "Try" on the Photoshop app? I thought that would download the full version of Photoshop as opposed to the "Lightroom" included photoshop.

To: Scott Burgess <mescottyb34@yahoo.com>

Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2017 11:13 PM

Subject: Where is PHOTOSHOP in the CC Lightroom trial App???

Where is PHOTOSHOP in the CC Lightroom trial App???

created by John Waller in Adobe Creative Cloud - View the full discussionBack again? And took the plunge on the Photography Plan trial? Have you installed the Cloud desktop application? Inside that app, you should see both Photoshop and Lightroom as two separate apps to install. If not, can you please post a screenshot of what you see? If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9350136#9350136 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9350136#9350136 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" Start a new discussion in Adobe Creative Cloud by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624. This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, I went ahead and downloaded the Photoshop app that said "Try." After reading your post, I believe this is what you meant. I'm just terribly frustrated with the unclear download instructions. It seems to my common sense brain that the Lightroom package would include EVERYTHING. But then again, I never claimed to understand all this tech stuff. It drives me NUTS. But, as usual, thanks for not only responding, but for your clear answers. Please reply to my last response with the screenshot, if you received it, to reassure me that I did the right thing to get the "Lightroom" Photoshop.

Have a nice night, Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No screenshot came through.

Did you follow these steps?

FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?

Note: the camera icon in the toolbar shown in the instructions is now an abstract square with a dot and a smudge (I think they're supposed to be sun and mountain range). Hover your mouse over it and a tooltip will say Insert Image.

scottyb34  wrote

It seems to my common sense brain that the Lightroom package would include EVERYTHING.

Must admit that has never occurred to me. But then I've been using Lightroom since way before the days of the Adobe Cloud. When the Cloud arrived, Adobe took the separate Photoshop app and Lightroom app and packaged them together as the Photography Plan.

No, the Lightroom icon in the Cloud desktop app is only Lightroom. There's a separate Photoshop icon to download Photoshop separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I'm back. I needed a rest.

I actually hit "reply" in my email with the screenshot attached to your "non-reply" email. OOPs. I didn't think I was able to send attachments to the forum. I'm much too exhausted to try tonight. But I do believe you solved the issue. But my only concern, after downloading Photoshop from that Creative Cloud app on my desktop, is where it says to "Buy Now" (after my trial) for both "Lightroom" and "Photoshop" within this Photography Plan. Do both "Buy" buttons ask for the $9.99/mo payment? Or do I simply need to click just one of the "Buy" buttons from the CC app to get the $9.99/mo Photography Plan. It may seem like I'm being paranoid, but at this point I really don't trust these online companies, particularly when it seems so very difficult to contact anybody within the actual company to resolve any type of concern.

Your time and patience with my ignorance is much appreciated. Good night.

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines