Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text tool not working

Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. My Text tool in Photoshop CC (Mac) isn't working. As I type, I can't see anything come up on screen but can still highlight this "invisible" text. Or just a line is created as I type. V strange. I have checked all the obvious things (layer position, font size, etc) and followed this tutorial but no luck; My Text Isn't Visible In Photoshop - Daily Web Tools - Web Design Tools

Can someone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

You seem to have created the text off-canvas.

Edit: Maybe you confuse Photoshop with Illustrator or Indesign, but in Photoshop off-canvas elements are not visible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot with the pertinent Panels visible.

What have you done for general trouble-shooting so far?

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the image’s resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for asking what may be obvious, but is the Font colour the same as the background?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2023 Oct 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there - I've just come across your suggestions. My text tool has stopped working - that is, it was working perfectly well on Friday morning, then stopped working on Friday evening; started working again yesterday (Saturday) morning, but after three items, stopped and this morning (Sunday) it is not working again. I use PS Elements 12 and have read the suggestions above, but I have no little arrow, no lines on the right - nothing. I am very anxious about trying the original suggestion of re-setting the preferences in case it wipes something off the system - I'm a complete tech idiot! Any ideas please?

Fiona Fraser-Thomson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2023 Oct 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off: This Forum is dedicated to Photoshop. Not Photoshop Elemenets. 

So please post on the correct Forum. 

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for more timely and effective answers”):
https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/community-how-to-guide-tips-amp-best-practices/td...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also an issue in the most recent update of CC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide a meaningful description of your problem with screenshots to illustrate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amy.   It would be much better if you were to start a new thread.

Photoshop has gone through six major updates since this thread was started, and your issue is unlikely to be related to this thread
Tell us what version of Photoshop you are using?
Your operating system and version?
Describe in as much detail as you can what your issue is?
When did the issue start? (i.e. right after an update)
Does the issue happen in both the full release version of Photoshop and the beta version (if you have both installed)?
What steps have you taken to try and fix the issue?
Provide a full res screen shot of your entire workspace showing the document window and layers panel if you think it will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screen shot of my screen. Only has 2 layers; a lighter image on the left and the text on the right (have highlighted the text to show you it is actually there, just invisible). The text colour is red and background grey so should be ok.

Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 15.27.25.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to have created the text off-canvas.

Edit: Maybe you confuse Photoshop with Illustrator or Indesign, but in Photoshop off-canvas elements are not visible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that was it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines