• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6.8 - really needs an optimalization...

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I changed my PC recenly (from i5-2500K, GTX 660, 16GB Ram, SSD) to i7-7700K, 16GB 3000, 2 x SSD, GTX 1060 OC 6GB and Lightroom (6.8) is still slooooow. In addition, the inclusion of supporting graphics card does not accelerate Develop module but clearly slows the whole thing down. I use only one LCD (27" 2560x1440). I have the impression that the previous versions of LR went faster on my old PC.

Kuba

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you doing a lot of brushing or a lot of spot healing on your photos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really. I'm talking about delays between switching photos, using simply adjustment (Exposure, color temp, cotrast etc.). Without GPU suport is smoother than with GPU suport. Sometimes, when i try to copy adjustment from one picture to another it takes few second when paste the settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that delays between switching photos is an expected outcome when you have a large monitor and you are using GPU acceleration. It's one of the tradeoffs that happens right now with the current state of GPU acceleration.

See: GPU notes for Lightroom CC (2015)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought, have you built previews for your 27" monitor?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, of course (2560 pix). I've tried with 1:1 import, Smart previews etc. The biggest difference is in visuality of changing settings, Exposure for example. When I turn GPU Accelerate OFF, the adjustment is smooth, but when I turn it ON, I see something like frame-drops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ideas ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I turn GPU Accelerate OFF, the adjustment is smooth, but when I turn it ON, I see something like frame-drops.

This is another expected result given the current state of GPU acceleration. If you read that link I gave, this is all explained.

The conclusion that I have (also expressed in that link) is that if you have a large screen monitor, some things will be slower and some things will be faster. What you are seeing is consistent with the explanation given by Eric Chan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but I read it before. I discovered something interesting. When I use RAW files from Canon 6d, GPU acceleration does not help, BUT when I use Canon 5d mkIII RAW files, the situation is exactly the opposite !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS. I'm using LR 6.4 version. In 6.8 version there is no difference between these two cameras (6d/5dmk3). Both type of RAW files are not supported in GPU Acceleration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GPU option is really for systems that are using 4 or 5 K monitors. Your monitor, although 27", is not a HD 4 or 5 K type and the GPU option will only slow LR down (As has been proven).

So just set it to Off (Un-checked).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm afraid you're wrong. GPU acceleration worked fine in previous version of LR - here's my video (LR 6.4).

Lightroom 6.4 GPU Acceleration on 27 inch (2K) LCD. - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines