• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gamma Shift issues with .mov files and .h64 and mp4

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this still an issue? I can only render out uncompressed Quicktime movs on a Windows PC without my movie looking washed out. All of the above prefered codecs wash out my images. Having to output a an uncompressed QT is ridiculous. I have had this issue for so long now, and it's still happening. Any advice?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you seeing these washed out colors? If you import your rendered files back into AE, do they still look washed out? How are you rendering them in the first place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing them in After Effects. Except, my mistake, they are not washed out, they are darker. This occurs with rendering out of AE with motion Jpeg A and B, .h64 and .mp4. The only export template I have discovered that exports without a gamma shift is QT uncompressed. Which as you can imagine at 4k results in huge file sizes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you rendering directly out of AE's render queue or are you using the Adobe Media Encoder?

What are your color management settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rendered out of AE's render queue. Colour Management is turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using AME to render an MP4. Using the QuickTime wrapper on an H.264 in AE is a pretty buggy workflow.

Also, try QuickTime with Photo-JPEG codec and QuickTime with the PNG codec out of AE's render queue.

See how all three of those look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PNG codec caused a gamme shift (washed out look) as did Photo-JPEG. As for AME it failed to render... gave an error about not being able to see the original file. A dynamic link issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Possibly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines