Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing Flash Player ActiveX or NPAPI only

Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for a way to remove Flash player from computers, however I only want to remove the version that is not needed (Will be using SCCM 2012 R2).  I have clients that have the various version of Adobe Flash Player NPAPI installed, however only half of them actually have Firefox\Opera installed.  I would like to remove it, but using the instructions frond here: Uninstall Flash Player | Windows‌, will remove all versions, including the ActiveX version.  Is there a version of uninstaller or a way for me to remove all versions, including out-dated ones, but only for the NPAPI installer, or ActiveX installer.?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Provided uninstaller removes all the flash player types(NPAPI/PPAPI/ActiveX) installed on a system at once .

However, for Windows 8/10 Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE and all Flash Player for IE updates are released by Microsoft, not Adobe.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are still on Windows 7 so we need a solution to remove NPAPI only since Chrome has an embedded Flash Player. Currently the NPAPI is a major security risk for us as it's not used and outdated and we want it removed asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The following commands will delete only a specific player type (ActiveX, NPAPI, or PPAPI) on Windows systems:

• ActiveX Control: uninstall_flash_player.exe -uninstall activex
    • Windows 7 and prior.  Microsofts embeds Flash Player for IE/Edge on Windows 8 and above and Adobe's Flash Player uninstaller will NOT remove the embedded Flash Player ActiveX Control.
  • NPAPI Plugin: uninstall_flash_player.exe -uninstall plugin
  • PPAPI Plugin: uninstall_flash_player.exe -uninstall pepperplugin

This information is found in the Flash Player Administrator's Guide, page 9.

--

Maria

<edited to include comment about Windows 8 and above>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines