• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lost serial number

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have master suite cs6 on my old laptop trying to move it to a new laptop. I have lost the serial number. I installed the master suite cs6 almost 5 years ago and I forgot to register the software, is there anyway to retrieve the serial number for the master suite? I can bring up all the programs from the old laptop but can't move them to new one.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

As Bob says Belarc Advisor will find all your old serial numbers and it is free. There is an equivalent for Macs but that costs $20. I came across a different method a while back that allows for a serial to be retrieved from a folder on your hard disk. I am not using any of the old products now , just Creative Cloud, where this method does reveal a serial number-at least under Windows 10, but can't test the older products

It works this way. You need to navigate to

'C:\ProgramData\regid.1986-12.com

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will this retrieve the lost serial number or move the program from old to new pic

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might retrieve the number and display it to you.

You could also register now, if it still runs on the old laptop. There's no time limit. Then the serial number is automatically transmitted and you can find it under your Adobe account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's logical but when I try to register the drop down box will not allow any entries. Does that mean the software has already been registered? Again the drop down box menu for registration is not allowing me to register anything I can do to let me register short of reinstalling program

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So first of all, you don't really have to pay the $20. ProduKey - Recover lost product key (CD-Key) of Windows/MS-Office/SQL Server

This worked when I wanted to restore my old desktop to working condition. Figured out my windows keys, and they supposedly have support for adobe products.

However, before moving to your new laptop, you will want to unregister adobe on your old computer. Simply go into the adobe program and click on help > deactivate.

I don't really know what you mean with the drop down box menu, could you clarify?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the list of products that this will work on, it does not indicate that it will work on adobe master collection CS 6. It does show adobe master collection CS 5. Before I download it, I need to know will it work on adobe master collection CS 6

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Bob says Belarc Advisor will find all your old serial numbers and it is free. There is an equivalent for Macs but that costs $20. I came across a different method a while back that allows for a serial to be retrieved from a folder on your hard disk. I am not using any of the old products now , just Creative Cloud, where this method does reveal a serial number-at least under Windows 10, but can't test the older products

It works this way. You need to navigate to

'C:\ProgramData\regid.1986-12.com.adobe'

This is a hidden folder and so you need to first go into Control Panel and change your 'folder options' to make them visible. Once visible you should see files inside with *.swidtag extensions-these are standard xml files. Copy these files to the desktop and change the suffix to *.txt and open in a text editor. Towards the bottom you should see a field

<swid:serial_number>Your Serial Number here</swid:serial_number>

This is pretty academic for Creative Cloud as it uses a subscription model, yet a serial is still used behind the scenes. The thing I read said it also worked for CS3 and onwards so it may work with CS6, but no guarantees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said, not quite sure about if it will figure out CS6, more specifically the mast collection. So no, I don't know if it will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it worked I was able to get serial number. Now I need link to download the master suite CS 6 on new laptop. You wouldn't by chance have the link?

To: charles strickland <casoff@yahoo.com>

Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2017 8:31 PM

Subject: lost serial number

lost serial number

created by Draceon in Photoshop General Discussion - View the full discussionLike I said, not quite sure about if it will figure out CS6, more specifically the mast collection. So no, I don't know if it will work. If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9357636#9357636 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9357636#9357636 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" Start a new discussion in Photoshop General Discussion by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624. This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

charod20  wrote

Now I need link to download the master suite CS 6 on new laptop. You wouldn't by chance have the link?

Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines