• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE cc2017 Crash when i tried copy comps to other comp

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like the tittle say, every time when i try copy compositions to other comp, AE cc2017 crash . Any solution??

Thanks everyone!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Humm.... let's see, the combination of possible things you could have in a composition that could possibly overwhelm system resources or cause problems is approximately equal to the total number of layers in your composition multiplied by the total number of possible effects in those layers multiplied by the same factors in the copied composition so my guess is that something in the approximately one hundred million possible combinations of effects, codecs, image types and expressions is overwhelming your system or there is something in there that is not compatible with something else.

For a better answer we need workflow, composition, footage, system, OS and AE version down to the last decimal point. To troubleshoot this problem for yourself start with two compositions with a single solid in each layer and no effects. Drag one comp into another and see if it crashes. If it does not, undo and start building more complex comps. You could also start by duplicating the problem comp in the Project Panel, then start deleting complex effects or layers in the duplicate until you find what is causing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have additionally having issues with pre-rendering. Reset all settings but still having this crashes.

Using Elements 3D and Saber.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no details...

Turn off Saber first and test.

Turn off Element 3D and test.

Now you should know which one is causing the problem. Search for updates for the product giving you problems. Make sure AE is up to date. If you find no updates available contact the manufacturer's support department.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into the same issue when copying layers to move them into another comp. I noticed that the problem was team project related - if I converted the team project to a local project, everything copied as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Eric+Butkus  wrote

.....I noticed that the problem was team project related - if I converted the team project to a local project, everything copied as expected.

Ooooh!  Someone actually using Adobe Team!  How did you get it to work?

I ask because it's a train wreck for so many people.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Team Project has worked for us, but it's not without it's issues. We have been able to pass files back and forth relatively seamlessly (it's just me and one other person) and we're both working off of the same network drive. Working on the same comp is a bit of a pain because someone has to copy there layers into the final comp. And it's not very helpful when everytime you press Command + C After Effects crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To help possibly pinpoint the problem, I just wanted to add that Command + C only crashes After Effects if I'm trying to copy any Composition (within another comp), if that Composition was created from the importing of a .psd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've found this to be the problem as well. A comp inside of a Team Project, created by a PSD import, and then crashes when trying to copy the PSD layers inside of that composition.

I've yet to find any workaround yet, other than converting the team project to an offline project, which is totally not ideal.

Has anyone found a solution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines