• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects can't continue: unexpected failure during application startup

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to open up After Effects CC 2017 I get this (I've opened as administrator and I get the same thing):eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2kuZ3lhem8uY29tL2U2OGIzZjlhZTA1ZjcxODlmMDQ1OWMyNDMyN2MwNWI0LnBuZyJ9.png

When I close this tab I get this:

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2kuZ3lhem8uY29tLzc2MTAzN2ExZjBmMThjZTNiM2IzMmI0MWU4MmYwOTNhLnBuZyJ9.png

Then I when I click OK it takes me to this website: troubleshooting issues with downloading and installing After Effects | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

I've looked through the troubleshooting options and nothing pertains to my issue

I've uninstalled and reinstalled like 10 times. I've uninstalled all my plugins for After Effects and still nothing.

System Info:

Windows 7 Home Premium

Intel i7-4790k

16 GB RAM

GTX 980

if you need more information please ask

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you run Adobe's CC Cleaner tool between uninstalling and reinstalling?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, try the suggestions in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried the method from that thread and the Adobe's CC Cleaner tool method

both didn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darn!

Then my only suggestion is to contact Adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went back to After Effects 14.0 and its working. I guess I'll update when 14.2 comes out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds reasonable to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how did you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, how did you do that (install an older version of AE)? This is extremely frustrating! Everyone seems to be having this problem and the adobe forum moderators seem to like to believe they've "answered" the problem, but they have not... at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you uninstall CC 2017 and then install it again, does it install 14.0? In the past, it would install the initial release of a particular version of AE and then let you update if you wanted to the latest patches.

If you want to go back further, say, to CC 2015.3, this link explains that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This bug should be fixed in the update that released today. See Tim's post about it here. The After Effects CC 2017 update to version 14.2 is rolling out worldwide. It may take a day or so to show up for you depending on where you live. You also may need to log out and back in to your CC app or other funky things to get it to show up.

Please let us know if this works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines