Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDFs converted to Word 2011 for Mac

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

When I convert PDFs to Word 2011 for Mac, sometimes they work fine, but sometimes the Word version has text that jumps in and out of sight, making it impossible to use. It happens consistently with certain PDFs, even when I convert them over from the PDF.

N.T.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ntaylor444,

Could you please share the screenshot of the PDF and the Word file you get after exporting.

Please also let us know the dot version of Adobe application and OS you are using.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have Acrobat Reader DC 2015.023.20056

I’m attaching the screen shots.

Thanks,

N.T.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader cannot export to Word or Excel, you need Adobe Acrobat Standard or Pro for that (or a subscription to Adobe's online service ExportPDF). Because you are using Reader, I assume you are using the ExportPDF service.

And, there are no screenshots attached to your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that’s correct, I’m using ExportPDF. I’ll try the attachments again. They’re in a Word doc.

NT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only attach images, for anything else, you will need to share a link to your document(s). See here for instructions: Share Documents via Adobe's Document Cloud - KHKonsulting LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here goes. This doesn’t show the jumpy- (text shows, disappears, comes back repeatedly).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still no screen shot.

If you are using ExportPDF, there is nothing you can do to improve the quality. You may want to post your request in a more appropriate forum: Document Cloud PDF services

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Acrobat are you using to convert to MS Word?

Converting from PDF to Word, Excel or any other format is one of the most complex things you can try to do with a PDF file. It works very well in some cases, in other cases the output has very little to do with the original file. The key for success is that the PDF file needs to be "tagged" - which means that it contains information about the information that is displayed in the file. The best way to make sure that a PDF file is tagged correctly is by using the PDFMaker in Acrobat to create the PDF file from Word or Excel (that's the Acrobat ribbon or toolbar).

Unfortunately there is not much you can do to improve the output without spending a lot of time (e.g. by manually tagging the file). Also, if you are using Adobe's ExportPDF service and don't have access to Acrobat, that is not even an option.

The only thing you can do is complain to the original author of the file and tell them that they used a bad PDF generator to create the PDF file.

Sometimes it helps to save the PDF file as a set of high resolution (e.g. 600dpi) images, then import these images back into Acrobat, run OCR and then export to Word or Excel again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I have Acrobat Reader DC 2015.023.20056

N.T.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines