• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CUT & PASTE STOPPED WORKING

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS5 Ext.  Photoshop is my daily work tool until yesterday when the cut and paste function, within photoshop, stopped working.  Symptoms are: options to copy/cut greyed out in edit menu and ctrl C etc does nothing.  A right click brings up the layer selection menu.

I seem to be able to copy if I lasso with the selection marquee tool but no longer with standard Ctrl C or menus etc.

I have not installed anything new.  I've reinstalled twice since then.

I know this question has been asked on here before, but there seems not to be an answer coming forward.  Photoshop for me has now become a waste of disk space.

Thanks for your time

Martin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Hi Martin

That sounds normal to me (although I don't have CS5 installed - just CS6 and CC2017) .

If you want to duplicate the text - right click on the layer and Duplicate Layer (or press Ctrl+J) - then move/resize as required

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin

Have you a selection made to copy from ?

I ask this as you said it did work if you selected with the lasso tool.

If you want to copy everything on a layer try using Ctrl+A  which will select all on the layer then Ctrl+C to copy

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Yes, the lasso bit works, but consider a text box - if I lasso and copy that, it pastes back as rasterized graphic rather than text box.  Yesterday, I could copy it as a text box and paste it back in as a text box all without having to copy it as a layer.  It is broken functionality that was fine yesterday.  I cannot seem to solve the issue.  This despite years of using this software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin

That sounds normal to me (although I don't have CS5 installed - just CS6 and CC2017) .

If you want to duplicate the text - right click on the layer and Duplicate Layer (or press Ctrl+J) - then move/resize as required

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Yes, it looks like I'm going to have to do it that way for now.  Looking around the various forums it would appear to be not uncommon.  Thanks for replying.

Cheers
Martin

mid Wales

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
did you find an answer to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines