• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transferring actions from CS6 to CC 2017

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I transfer my actions from CS6 to CC2017?

Patti

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

.ant file is the file with your actions saved on disk. You can use your Actions Pallete and go to options and choose Save Actions command. This way you can save entire set of your Action (ant file) to any place on disk.

Copy this file and Load as Actions set  (use yoour Actions panel again) into new instalation or just move itby hand into destination folder newer installation

Pawel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can save atn-files and then load those in Photoshop CC.

You could also try Edit > Presets > Migrate Presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.ant file is the file with your actions saved on disk. You can use your Actions Pallete and go to options and choose Save Actions command. This way you can save entire set of your Action (ant file) to any place on disk.

Copy this file and Load as Actions set  (use yoour Actions panel again) into new instalation or just move itby hand into destination folder newer installation

Pawel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped me with some actions however, I have numerous actions that didn't transfer from CS6 to CC2017. @macpawel do you have any other suggestions. These actions I downloaded from various sites and they don't seem to have the .ant or at least I can't find where they are. I use a iMac so that may help.

Patti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the Actions are still available in Photoshop CS6 you can save them as ant-files there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are in CS6 however, I can not find them in the program files. I tried to copy and paste them into a file on my desktop however it won't let me do that either.

I can't even find an action, that works in CS6, that I downloaded earlier this week. I don't know what to do.

Thank you for any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are in CS6 however, I can not find them in the program files.

Irrelevant, simply save them as new atn-files from the Actions Panel.

I can't even find an action, that works in CS6, that I downloaded earlier this week.

If you can’t find the atn-file and do not have it loaded in the Actions Panel then it would seem lost.

But to make sure: Is it available in the list in the Actions Panel’s pop-up menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is in the panel and I ran it on a photo like I normally do. It worked just fine. I am trying out the link above. While it gives me a path to the files the files are not there.

I don't understand how it can run fine in CS6 but not be transferred to CC2017. UGH this has taken the better part of the day and I am still no where.

You have been a great help though. If you have any other suggestions I would love to hear them.

I guess I will call either Adobe or Apple. Another few hours of waiting. LOL.

Patti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to clarify my statement before. I ran the action on a photo in CS6. It ran fine.

Sorry for the confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't understand how it can run fine in CS6 but not be transferred to CC2017.

Once again: Save the Actions as a new atn-file in CS6, then load that atn-file in CC.

Or are you saying you already did that but he Action malfunctions in CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped me with some actions however, I have numerous actions that didn't transfer from CS6 to CC2017. Do you have any other suggestions. These actions I downloaded are from various sites and they don't seem to have the .ant or at least I can't find where they are. I use a iMac so that may help.

Patti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines