• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scratch Disk Full - Tried all solutions

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey really hoping someone can help me here I have a project due in next week and I have stupidly postponed the last few days thinking It would eventually fix. I have went into photoshop setting and I have no other scratch disk but my macintosh disk I cannot pick an alternative. I still have 70gb+ on my drive so I do not have lack of space I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling photoshop I have also used cleanmymac also omnidisksweeper. It's now gotten worse where I cannot even make a new project with out it coming up with scratch disk full running out go options here really hoping you can help as I'm currently paying for cloud and really having no luck with it!

Cheers guys any help at all appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Hi shanea,

Are you still having this scratch disk full trouble?

Have you gone through our performance documentation for Photoshop? Optimize performance Photoshop CC

Let us know how it's going.

Regards

PG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please stop with the message about you scratch disk being full. Leave that message on screen and go into Finder. At that point, how much free space does it show for your disk?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says I have 78gb free I'm a little confused as to what to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, 78GB is what you normally have, and 78GB when the message is ON SCREEN as well? Does it change at all?

Do you get the message when

* Starting Photoshop from /Applications?

* Opening a small JPEG?

* Using File > New?

Which of these?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can open through all the ways stated but as soon as I try to edit it via photoshop using any tool the error pops up I have no space it takes up my whole space. Is my only option wiping the SSD or buying a bigger one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I buy an external 500gb HDD would this work and could I pick this as my scratch disk?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still trying to get to the bottom of this, because you have not shown us whether you really are running out of space, or if it is a false error. You need to find which, or you could waste time and money on the wrong solution. Help us to help you. Please answer this question: So, 78GB is what you normally have, and 78GB when the message is ON SCREEN as well? Does it change at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 78gb spare but when I have the scratch disk error on my screen I have 0kb free. Don't know if that means anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi shanea,

Are you still having this scratch disk full trouble?

Have you gone through our performance documentation for Photoshop? Optimize performance Photoshop CC

Let us know how it's going.

Regards

PG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have your scratch disk ( or your time machine external disk) set up to delete the oldest ? If that is the case it will delete the oldest and replace wit the newest aspect. I get this all the time so it is not a major issue unless you have something backed up that you do not wish to lose. Check you  backup aspects to verify!

If it really is your scratch disk- do you have another that you can target?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you're having trouble understanding or answering the question please just let us know. The crucial thing is that the MESSAGE MUST STILL BE ON SCREEN or the test has no use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines