• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Bridge and Camera Raw be downloaded and installed without Creative Cloud?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Photoshop CC 2014.  I am required to have an administrator install any software and they will not install Creative Cloud.  Is there any source for downloading Bridge and Camera Raw for a local install without using Creative Cloud?  I am operating on a Windows 7 workstation.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Why do they refuse to install Creative Cloud? You'll find the installers here: Adobe CC 2014 Direct Download Links: Creative Cloud 2014 Release | ProDesignTools

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do they refuse to install Creative Cloud? You'll find the installers here: Adobe CC 2014 Direct Download Links: Creative Cloud 2014 Release | ProDesignTools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Benjamin - Thank you!  Our IT staff believes accessing Creative Cloud would be a security risk.  Do I understand correctly that ProDesignTools is a branch of Adobe?  IT will want to know where I obtained the files and will install if that is the case.  I appreciate your quick response and assistance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You still won't be able to install without Admin rights.  It also looks like your IT guy might have valid concerns

Creative Cloud Chronicles: Just How Secure is Adobe Creative Cloud? | Graphics.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you answer a question with a question?  People have their own reasons, that's why.  because creative cloud spies on the computer, keeps asking to keychain, key lock, why would you care? what kind of an answer is this?  this is not the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like a good conspiracy theory 😄

Anyway, to answer the original question, even if it's seven years ago, Camera Raw won't work unlicensed. That means Photoshop has to be installed and activated. Bridge doesn't qualify.

The CC app handles common functions that would otherwise be baked into each individual application. That's really all it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that the CC Application Manager is installed on your system, but if your User Account does not have Admin Rights, then you will not be able to install additional apps.

Do you have an app with this icon?

That opens like this?

If yes, ask the Admin again to install Bridge.  It is free and has essential features, and very little impact on resources

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incidentally, you already have Camera RAW installed as part of Photoshop, and can access it by setting Photoshop with whatever file association your RAW files use (.CE2, .NEF etc.)

I am also wondering why you wouldn't have the updates to CC2015.  What is your situation there?  Is this a school, or workplace for instance?  Are you sure you are using legal copies of Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the good suggestions and questions.  I work with USDA-NRCS and yes it is a legal copy.  I believe the license purchased through a federal contract allows indefinite updates.  Every software needs to be tested and certified before it is installed on our computers and this is the version that was installed, I don't know if a more current version has been certified.

When I ran CS6, the installation automatically loaded Bridge and Camera Raw.  When we went to Creative Cloud I have had to live without either because I couldn't get Creative Cloud installed and did not know of the direct download links Benjamin provided.

Also, when running CS6, I could select multiple photos in Bridge and they automatically opened into Camera Raw where I could process the images prior to opening in Photoshop.  Hopefully I can have both applications installed now.  Are you saying I only need them to install Bridge and that Camera Raw is loaded - or just that Photoshop will recognize my camera files (CR2) as installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see their concern - especially at the government level.

ProDesignTools is not run by Adobe, but an Adobe Community Professional. However, Jim (ProDesignTool's site owner) does source the files directly from Adobe.

Camera Raw should be installed with Photoshop. If you were to drag and drop a CR2 into Photoshop directly, it would open in Camera Raw. Otherwise, it'll throw an error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic - it worked great and opened several images in Camera Raw at once.

I'm not having success downloading the files.  The link they recommend to access first (looks like a Premere Elements page) did not open for me so I went to Adobe and logged in.  When I RClick on a file and select 'Save As...' it shows me the file and lets me navigate folders but does not save it.  I'll try this from home tonight.  If you see a step I missed I'd appreciate the observation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not having success downloading the files.  The link they recommend to access first (looks like a Premere Elements page) did not open for me so I went to Adobe and logged in.  When I RClick on a file and select 'Save As...' it shows me the file and lets me navigate folders but does not save it.  I'll try this from home tonight.  If you see a step I missed I'd appreciate the observation.

It's possible I'm a bit slow this evening - would you mind elaborating on what files exactly you are downloading and saving?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using your link from my home pc, everything worked well.  I was trying to download Bridge and I expect it was prevented by a firewall at work.  I'm also trying to find out if the files are directly available from Adobe - the question may come up.

Thanks Again,

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, unfortunately Adobe only offers the downloads for CS2-CS6. That's why ProDesignTools took it over.

ProDesignTools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what a prison, you have to have creative cloud.  this is awful.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines