• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error when importing aec file from C4D R18 to After Effects CC 2017

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac Pro trying to import an aec file rendered from Cinema 4D R18 Broadcast into After Effects CC 2017 and keep getting an error message that says the file isn't recognized. I've copied the plug-ins from Maxon to AE, but it hasn't worked. The Cineware plug-in is too slow on my machine. Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where, exactly, did you put the plugin file?

Did you restart AE since you copied the plugin file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Initially I put it in Plug-ins > MAXON CINEWARE AE. Then I tried just putting it under Plug-ins. I restarted AE each time I did anything with the plug-ins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which plugin file did you grab? There are several.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ones in MAXON > CINEMA 4D R18 > Exchange Plugins > aftereffects > C4DFormat > OSX and Importer > OSX. I grabbed the most up-to-date ones. Under the C4DFormat there wasn't one for CC, so I grabbed the one in the CS5-CS6 folder. Under Importer, I grabbed the plugin for CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever get an answer? My After Effects 2017 CC won't open a Cinema 4D R18 aec file either. Any ideas? I downloaded the plugins from the Exchange Plugins folder in C4D R18 and put them in the Format folder in my AE Plugins folder. The plugins were the C4DFormat OSX plugins, but they said they were for AE CS5 and 6. I also went in the "Importer" folder in the Exchange Plugins folder and grabbed the plugin called C4DImporter-OSX and put that in my AE Plugins "Format" folder. I still couldn't open the C4D R18 aec file. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines