Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom6

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I bought and download an upgrade licence (not CC) for lightroom6 On Mac. Previously I had Lr5: The Download was right but when I try to install, it stops after having put the serial number and the reason is :"Impossible validation of this serial number for Adobe Lightroom" Contact assistance"  (this is a translation). But the serial number is correct, I got it from the email message received from Adobe during the download. I tried several times, but with no results. Please help me.

Thank you in advance

Paolo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Hi all !!

I solved the problem, under guide of assistance, cleaning the file Hosts with an Adobe cleaner tool, and then the installation was completed. Thanks all !!

Bye

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the computer you are installing on connected to the internet?

If it is are you using any Internet Security software that includes a Firewall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 - Yes it is !

2 - Yes the firewall is "ON"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The firewall might be blocking LR from checking to see if that serial number is valid. Once you type in the serial number and click OK the install routine tries to go out to the Adobe r=serial number validation server to check it is a valid serial number. If the firewall is blocking that connection the validation fails. Try turn off the firewall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help, I tried switching the setting of firewall on "OFF" but the result is the same. I received the same message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now it's late here in Italy and I have to wake up early tomorrow morning. But please if you have any suggestions please help me and I will try tomorrow afternoon to solve this problem. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing to do is Restart your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did it, but with no results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look here:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1079210​

Not validate the serial number during 'installation

Regards

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all !!

I solved the problem, under guide of assistance, cleaning the file Hosts with an Adobe cleaner tool, and then the installation was completed. Thanks all !!

Bye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines