• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

delete files from disk (Mac)

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I work with a Mac and installed the latest version of LR CC.

I wil delete files i have marked with a black flag. When I go to photo and choose the latest button ( not accepted files delete) the file wile be removed in LR but not on my harddisk??????

And that is just what I want al the black flag files off my harddisk.

Who can help me??

Thx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

HI Shane,

Your explanation is a little unclear, but let me start with what I think you mean:

1. Mark some photos as "rejected" (black flag, press "X").

2. Choose Photo > Delete Rejected Photos

3. You get this dialog box:

2017-02-23_21-10-14.png

4. You click "Remove" and the files are no longer in your Lightroom catalog, but they are still on the hard disk.

Is that right?

I think the easiest way to locate the files that have been deleted from the Catalog would be to re-import them. Choose your folder, and in Lightroom, right

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI Shane,

Your explanation is a little unclear, but let me start with what I think you mean:

1. Mark some photos as "rejected" (black flag, press "X").

2. Choose Photo > Delete Rejected Photos

3. You get this dialog box:

2017-02-23_21-10-14.png

4. You click "Remove" and the files are no longer in your Lightroom catalog, but they are still on the hard disk.

Is that right?

I think the easiest way to locate the files that have been deleted from the Catalog would be to re-import them. Choose your folder, and in Lightroom, right click the folder and choose "Synchronize Folder:"

2017-02-23_21-15-28.png

Now you will be able to re-import the images. While you have the photos in "Previous Import," reject them all once again (black flag - X). Now, repeat Step 1,2,3 above, but this time choose "Delete from Disk."

Does that help?

Mike

Save

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines