• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Desktop shortcut on Windows 10 pro

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed LR6.5 from a DVD and it worked, but I can't get a desktop icon to initiate the program without going through the entire setup process.  In the "read me" it says to copy the LR installer/start icon from the original disk, but I can't find it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Use the File explorer and go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom.

Find the lightroom.exe file, and create a shortcut from that.

(right click the file and drag to the desktop, release the mouse button and choose Create shortcut here from the menu)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the File explorer and go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom.

Find the lightroom.exe file, and create a shortcut from that.

(right click the file and drag to the desktop, release the mouse button and choose Create shortcut here from the menu)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Pat.  For some reason, there is no .exe file.  The instructions with the disk said to copy all the files from the dvd to my c drive (I created a lr6.5 file to put them in).  Then it said to run the setup program and sure enough, a few moments late LR started, after it asked about whether it could change my computer.   I can't find a way to just run it now instead of the setup program.  Any assistance would be appreciated as I have never had a program install like this.  I had no problems with LR5.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My recommendation would be to download the Lightroom setup program directly from Adobe and run that.

The only thing you need from the DVD is the licensing key.

Install Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Once the setup has run and finished, you don't need those files anymore and you can just delete the whole folder. That's why you would normally put it on your desktop and not bury it in your folder structure. It's just temporary.

The program itself is now installed and lives in Program Files > Adobe etc as Per described, and he also described how to make a new shortcut if there isn't one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines