• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please help me with Rendering in After Effects - Black Screen Using Animation

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys! I am using After Effects CC 2017 I am currently done editing a music video, I first got someone to edit the video and cut it then I imported the .MOV file to Adobe Premiere and opened it with After Effects composition editor, so I started doing Animation on the video with the brush and using single frames etc finished the video and then I forgot to save the premiere file but the full video is already in after effects and I edited it so I tried to render it with many different settings, I tried Quicktie - h264 same frame rate as the source .mov file and everything and I just get a black screen when the file is rendered Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 00.10.10.pngScreen Shot 2017-02-24 at 00.09.15.png

As you can see the preview is fine but when it comes to render just a black screen doesn't even show what it is rendering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Wait a minute...you see that blue grid next to the name of your mov file? Simple right click it and click on turn off. Whenever, you have that blue grid, it will not render the video in the final result.

Here is another thread with someone who also has the blue grid: strange blue grid

I don't typically see this when I'm animating, but you will want to turn that off whenever you import a video and want to actually see it in the finished result.

Also, do still use the method for rendering I mentione

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite simple really, your movie seems to be playing in the composition named "artur artz - say no more". You are rendering your second composition which seems to have nothing in it.

Also, just a suggestion, never render directly from after effects. Always export to adobe media encoder, because you'll be able to export to the h.264 format with faster renders, and smaller file sizes.

Just follow these steps:

1. Open the composition that has your video in it.

2. Set the preview movie size from "quarter" to "full".

3. File > export > adobe media encoder.

4. Change the codec to h.264 and adjust the resolution to be 1080p; You can do this by clicking the blue text in the preset column.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi... Now I did that now atleast I get sound coming out from the finished export in media encoder however the screen is still black

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait a minute...you see that blue grid next to the name of your mov file? Simple right click it and click on turn off. Whenever, you have that blue grid, it will not render the video in the final result.

Here is another thread with someone who also has the blue grid: strange blue grid

I don't typically see this when I'm animating, but you will want to turn that off whenever you import a video and want to actually see it in the finished result.

Also, do still use the method for rendering I mentioned in my previous post as well, seeming as it is a lot more efficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That "strange blue grid" is there to mark that layer as a guide layer (as mentioned in Draceon's link). It's so you can animate or work with a reference, but that reference won't render. See AE's help files for how to use guide layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my good GOD this has been bothering me for 3 hours! Thank you for this thread!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i am having the same problem (black video after rendering my compostion), i read the whole thread and y'all mentioned about the "strange blue grid" or the guide line but in my case theres none..still i am having this probelm

i have tried some animation here

ae.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines