• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe cc suitability as a daily tool for a non-designer solo researcher?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

I am an Adobe cc newbie.  I work as a solo researcher and teacher generally without supports.  I am not a designer and have immense respect for your skill and expertise.  I have to self-produce my material.  Challenges:

- I frequently experience limitations with Word and Pages,

- I need to integrate, tables, graphics, images into documents and presentations,

- I use Keynote for presentations - I like the product but need to get to the tool.

I have had early success using, Acrobat Pro to resolve PDF issues, Ai to handle images, Photoshop to edit images, and Id to put together a couple of basic pieces.  All with youtube instructional videos running non-stop.  It worked quite well, with little fuss and seemed reasonably intuitive...all to my surprise.  Grids were flexible, images stayed put, tables behaved well, etc.    Perhaps I just got lucky.

Question: would you recommend the Adobe cc Suite as the go to toolset for a non-designer or is it overkill?

I am concerned about the learning curve as most of the design terminology, UI and measurements are foreign to me.

I would be very grateful for any guidance or suggestions.

Thank you for reading.  Please forgive me if I have asked this question in the incorrect area of the Community.

don.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

if you have working familiarity with acrobat, illustrator and photoshop you've encountered 3 of the most difficult to master adobe programs already.

there's no overkill in subscribing to the entire suite.  almost no one is an expert in all the programs and very few people (i believe) use all the programs in the suite.  most of us use two or three heavily (and therefore develop expertise) and another one or two occasionally.

i believe everyone starts like you.  occasionally using one program.  then

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you have working familiarity with acrobat, illustrator and photoshop you've encountered 3 of the most difficult to master adobe programs already.

there's no overkill in subscribing to the entire suite.  almost no one is an expert in all the programs and very few people (i believe) use all the programs in the suite.  most of us use two or three heavily (and therefore develop expertise) and another one or two occasionally.

i believe everyone starts like you.  occasionally using one program.  then using it more and more and gaining expertise and then find the need to use another program in the suite and start learning it.  i don't think it makes sense to learn anything about programs that you foresee no need to use.  on the other hand, it is useful to know what the various programs can do so if the need arises you know which tool to use (and start to learn how to use it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the prompt reply and sharing your expertise, this is most helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines