• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to organize folders remotely? Or can I only change collections remotely?

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a ton of photos in folders that I'm trying to rate, adjust, move to other folders, etc. but I can't always sit at my desk to do it.

Is there a way for me to do this remotely so I don't need to be tied to my desk when I do it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

No. You can't organize the contents of folders remotely.

Folders in Lightroom are the folders on your computer's hard drive. When you move or rename something in a folder, you are making that change on the computer, not just inside of Lightroom. This is why you can't do it remotely.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. You can't organize the contents of folders remotely.

Folders in Lightroom are the folders on your computer's hard drive. When you move or rename something in a folder, you are making that change on the computer, not just inside of Lightroom. This is why you can't do it remotely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could assign keywords to your photos remotely. This has many advantages over moving folders around, the primary advantage is that photos can have multiple keywords assigned, but they can be in only one folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines